Rochester, NY Roofing Contractors
Hire The Top Roofers in Monroe County
2075 Dewey Ave
Rochester, NY 14615
Phone: (585) 865-5428
M-F: 7AM – 8PM
Why JJ Construction?
- Dependable Roofers
- Locally Owned
- Great Service & Price
Rochester Roofers: The Best In The County
Last Updated: October 18, 2016
In the Rochester, New York, weather is our friend. We get lovely springs that bring out the purple lilacs and gentle autumns highlighted by colorful falling leaves. In Rochester, weather is also our enemy. High winds, fluctuating temperatures, intense snow, heavy rains… We get all those, and more, in Western New York, and they’re not kind to roofs.
JJ Construction can help. We are full-service roofing contractors in Rochester, NY and surrounding areas.. Call us at (585) 865-5428, and tell us about your roof. Whether the issue is caused by weather, age, poor workmanship, critters, trees, inconsistent maintenance, or anything else (we’re not fussy), we’ll take a look and make suggestions.
So what’s full-service roofing? Glad you asked! Here’s what we can do for you:
Rochester, NY Roofing Services Offered:
Roofing Materials Our Rochester Roofing Contractors Use
New and Re Roofs in Rochester and Monroe County
Sometimes it’s better to start from scratch. If your roof is very old or heavily damaged, a full replacement might be in order. This involves tearing off all the old materials and laying a brand new roof. Once it’s on, you’ve increased your home’s value… a LOT. There won’t be any leaks, so you and your possessions will stay dry as a bone.
You want your new Rochester roof to last. With JJ Construction, it will. We do high quality work, and we choose high quality materials. Some of our favorite products are from:
- GAF Materials Corporation: This company is a staple in the roofing industry, with almost $3 billion in annual sales.
- CertainTeed: This corporation began over a century ago as a general roofing manufacturing company. Now they produce a wide variety of shingles, low-slope roofing systems, metal roofing, and solar roofing supplies. What don’t they make???
- Owens Corning: It’s been a Fortune 500 company for over 60 years in a row. They got there with top-of-the-line products.
How can you tell if you need a new roof? Warning signs include:
- Curling, cracked, or disintegrating shingles
- Bald spots
- Moisture in the insulation
- Advanced roof age
- Water leaks or damage
Play it safe, and find out for sure. Call JJ Construction, and we’ll give your roof a thorough inspection. We do it all: residential and commercial roofs.
Roof Repair in Rochester
Not all roof problems require entirely new roofs. For some Rochester home, a first-rate repair job will keep the roof going strong for many more years. Maybe a number of shingles should be replaced. Perhaps the flashing needs updating. Sometimes ice dams take their toll. (Ah, that Rochester weather again!)
Repairs are possible when certain roofing issues are caught early enough. If left too long, they worsen, and the whole roof is affected. Of course, that takes more time and money to fix.
Let JJ Construction check out your residential or commercial roof. We may be able to catch problems while they’re still small enough to patch. We want your roof in tip-top condition, but we won’t do more work than is absolutely necessary. We have a reputation for honesty, and we plan to keep it that way.
Emergency Roof Repair in Rochester
Most roof problems happen over time, but every once and a while… BAM! A roof goes from decent to damaged in the blink of an eye. What can cause a roof crisis? Unfortunately, lots of things, including:
- A hole made when a new device, such as an antennae or skylight, is (poorly) installed
- A really, really bad storm (Remember, this is Rochester.)
- An old tree that refuses to stand up anymore
- A lightning strike
- An ice dam
When a roof problem is urgent, you need it fixed fast, or your residence or commercial building won’t be habitable. JJ Construction has 24-hour emergency service for Rochester roof repair. We’ll be on the spot ASAP to give you a free quote. Once we’re on the job, we’ll have your roof in proper condition again soon.
Residential Roofers in RochesterOn a house, the roof performs triple duty. It maintains the structural integrity of the building and provides insulation. But it should also enhance a home’s appearance. At JJ Construction, we take special care with residential roofs in Rochester so both style and functionality stand the test of time.
Only first-class roofing materials from trusted companies are good enough for us. , GAF Materials Corporation, CertainTeed, and Owens Corning are some of our favorites. We know we do great work, and we want it to last a long, long time. The quality of materials matter. You’ll experience the difference… because you won’t have premature or unexpected problems.
Contact JJ Construction at (585) 865-5428 to talk about your roof. Let us take a look and assess your needs. Then we can make suggestions so your roof is both sturdy and attractive. Maybe you’ll need a whole new roof, but maybe with a few repairs you’ll be in fine shape.
We know a roof is a significant investment. But a roof that’s in disrepair can cost you money in heating and cooling costs. And if a leaky roof lets water in, mold or bacteria could develop. This can lead to both structural and health concerns. Roofs should last for decades, so spending money now can save you a lot in the long run.
Commercial Roofers in Rochester
At JJ Construction, we’re not just residential roofing contractors in Rochester, NY. We’re equally committed to commercial roofing projects in Rochester. In our
area, roofs can take a real beating from the weather. Many offices and businesses trust their roof repair or replacement to us. We have a reputation for doing outstanding work with superior materials. Once we’ve finished a job, your roof stays in great shape for a long, long time.
Commercial buildings come in many sizes and shapes. But that’s OK; we have experience with all sorts of roofs. Flat roof? Steep slope? Whether you need a new roof or a repair, JJ Construction can handle the job.
We’re a business, too, so we know how important it is for you and your employees to focus on work. That’s why we strive to make our roofing process, from the initial quote to the finishing touches, as straightforward and fast as possible. We believe in two-way communication. We listen to your needs, explain how we can help, and then keep you informed during the process. No secrets or surprises.
Vents are lesser-known but extremely important parts of roofs. They serve two purposes.
- An intake vent lets outside air into an attic or ventilation space. It’s typically on a low point of the roof.
- An exhaust vent lets air from an attic or ventilation space escape to the outside. It’s usually near the roof peak.
The most common intake roof vents in Rochester are the long, continuous soffit vent or shorter individual soffit vent. Exhaust vents have more variety, including:
- Ridge vent: Located along a roof ridge, it’s sometimes covered with shingles.
- Static vent: Individual vents are put in near the roof ridge.
- Gable-end vent: This variation is installed in a wall near — you guessed it! — a gable’s peak.
- Turbine vent: The wind rotates the vent’s blades to draw air out.
Improper venting leads to problems. Your house or building overheats, and cooling costs skyrocket. Roofing and insulation materials break down. Moisture builds up, causing damage and mold growth. And because of our famous (or infamous) Rochester winters, poor ventilation allows ice dams to form.
At JJ Construction, our roofing contractors can help you avoid vent issues. We install, replace, maintain and repair roof vents. Though a properly installed vent should last a long time, high winds or intense hail sometimes cause damage. By fixing or preventing problems, our work saves you money in the long run.
A great roofing job has two parts: excellent technique and first-rate materials. We’re at the top of our field, so we’re not about to skimp on supplies. We use only the highest quality shingles, so you know that your roof will last for years and years. This isn’t a job you want to repeat anytime soon!
We inspect your roof, assess the condition, and give you a free quote. Then we use the right shingles for the job. Here’s a sample of the materials we use:
- GAF Timberline Lifetime Architectural Roofing Shingles: They come in a variety of colors and offer a wood-shake appearance.
- GAF Lifetime Designer Shingles: These provide a multi-dimensional look that mimics slate or wood shake shingles.
- CertainTeed Patriot Shingles: Colors blend with shadow lines for a long-lasting and attractive roof.
- CertainTeed Landmark Shingles: Their luxury and designer lines look great and can offer excellent solar reflection.
- Owens Corning Duration Shingles: These wind- and algae-resistant shingles are available in a variety of colors and contrasts.
- Owens Corning Oakridge Shingles: Affordable laminated shingles come in many traditional roof colors.
So you see, you have choices. Lots of choices. Our experienced staff can help you select the shingles that fit your style, budget, and needs.
Rochester, NY Roofing Quotes
At JJ Construction, we know that every roofing job is different. There’s no one-size-fits-all way to install a roof. The type of roof, age, and amount of damage all impact how we approach a job. We don’t make guesses online or over the phone.
We send an experienced representative to your location to check things out firsthand and see exactly what we’re dealing with. Then we give you an accurate — and free — quote. No guesswork involved.
Give us a call at (585) 865-5428 or contact us online. A representative will inspect your roof at your convenience. We handle all kinds of roofing work in Rochester, New York:
- Residential property
- Commercial buildings
- Full roof replacements
- Minor to extensive repair work
People in the area have trusted JJ Construction to fix and repair their roofs for over two decades. Get your process started by contacting us for your free quote.
For Reliable Roofing Contractors in Rochester Call JJ Construction at (585) 865-5428
The Rochester, New York, metropolitan area has more than 1 million residents. They all need good, solid roofs over their heads. If you’re concerned about your roof, contact JJ Construction. We’re roofers you can trust:
- Because of our high ethical standards, we’re members of the Better Contractors Bureau.
- We won the Super Service Award from Angie’s List.
- We’re an Owens Corning Preferred Contractor because of our outstanding professionalism and customer service, as well as our business stability.
- We’ve been in the local roofing business for over 20 years.
- We’re fully licensed, certified, and insured.
- Our staff is thoroughly trained and experienced.
When something is wrong with your roof call JJ Construction and our roofing contractors in Rochester, NY at (585) 865-5428. We’ll give you a free quote… and peace of mind.