Rochester, NY Siding Contractors
Hire The Top Siding Company in Monroe County
2075 Dewey Ave
Rochester, NY 14615
Phone: (585) 865-5428
M-F: 7AM – 8PM
Why JJ Construction?
- The Best Materials
- Locally Owned
- Great Service & Price
Rochester, NY, has many eye-catching older homes. There are about 100,000 housing units in the city, and over half have already celebrated their 75th birthday. These buildings are charming, stately, cozy or even historic. As wonderful as they are, owners must work to keep up older homes.
That’s where we come in. JJ Construction offers siding contractors in Rochester, NY. We know many homeowners are on the fence about siding (so to speak). How will it look on an older home? Are there any problems to worry about? Is siding worth the expense? Call us at (585) 865-5428, and we’ll answer your questions.
Table of Contents
We understand that siding is a big undertaking, and you want to make the right choice. Unlike some siding contractors around town, we never pressure you to make a decision. JJ Construction will look at your home, assess its condition, and then offer suggestions and recommendations. Before we start putting up siding, we want to be sure you’re completely on board.
Here’s some basic siding info to get you started…
Benefits of Siding
Thinking about installing siding? There are lots of benefits…
- Siding looks great and increases the celebrated “curb appeal” of your home.
- It doesn’t chip or fade like paint.
- Adding siding increases your home’s value.
- It’s low maintenance… like way, way low. In fact, you rarely have to give it a thought. No more painting every few years.
- In the long run, siding is cost-effective. It lasts for decades, and upkeep is minimal.
- With insulated siding, you use less energy to warm and cool your home. That saves you money year-round.
- You have choices galore. Siding comes in lots of colors, styles, and textures.
Siding is a great addition to a home. That said, each type of siding has its own special qualities. Make your selection based on appearance, price, durability, esthetics, and personal preferences. Let’s take a look at the options…
Vinyl Siding Contractors in Rochester
Vinyl siding is the most popular type of siding in the U.S. It has a lot going for it:
- It’s strong and durable. We can’t overstate how important that is. You’re dealing with Rochester weather, remember.
- Vinyl siding comes in many colors, glosses, widths, and textures.
- It can look like real wood. That’s a real plus for many older homes.
- It’s easy to install and sometimes fits right over existing materials.
- Compared to other sidings, vinyl is relatively low-cost.
We use only top-quality vinyl siding. Our work lasts for years, so we want our materials to hold up, as well. Here are a couple of our favorite suppliers:
- CertainTeed: They’ve been in business for over a century! They have vinyl siding that looks just like shake, wood shingle, or clapboard.
- Mastic Home Exteriors by PlyGem: Would you like your home’s exterior to look like fresh paint or stained wood? You can have either for a long, long time with Mastic vinyl siding.
You have many choices when it comes to vinyl siding. That’s great… but it’s also kind of overwhelming. Check out our showroom to see all the possibilities. A JJ Construction representative can walk you through the options and help you select the one that’s best for you. Give us a call at (585) 865-5428.
Aluminum Siding Contractors
Metal sidings look a lot less… metal than they used to. Aluminum siding is offered in matte finishes or wood-like textures. You’ve got a wide choice of colors. Want to change the color sometime? No problem; it’s easily painted.
Aluminum side has a lot of advantages:
- Because it’s metal, the siding is naturally pest-resistant and fireproof.
- It’s super durable: no blistering, chipping, or peeling.
- The cost is comparatively economical. It’s just a little bit more than vinyl.
- The siding holds up well against the elements. (Hello, Rochester weather!) It keeps wetness out, away from your home’s interior.
- The insulating properties of aluminum help keep your home cool during the summer and warm in the winter.
- When you’re done with it, metal siding is recyclable. Certain brands contain recycled materials!
- Sometimes aluminum siding can be installed right over existing materials.
- It lasts for decades.
Aluminum siding has been around since the 1940s, but the modern version has come a long way. It’s still light and easy to work with, but its curb appeal has gone up, up, up.
If you want clapboard or shingle siding, consider cedar. Made from western red cedar or white cedar trees, the shingles can be finished with paint, stain, or oil. The strong wood holds up against insects, water, mold, and mildew. Cedar is a flexible material, because it can adopt a traditional or modern appearance.
Though it is beautiful, — talk about curb appeal! — cedar siding does require maintenance. Every several years you’ll need to refresh the paint or stain. You need to keep an eye on the caulking and flashing. Make sure your home’s interior is not too humid. The attic should be well ventilated and insulated. On the outside, take steps to prevent ice dams.
The upkeep and the initial cost make cedar a more expensive choice than vinyl. But many homeowners think cedar is worth the extra time and expense. Its natural appearance suits many homes, especially older ones. Hard to beat that classic look.
Insulation and Wrap
When installing siding in Rochester, JJ Construction uses insulation and house wraps. It is Rochester, after all. This extra layer guards against moisture. If the new siding covers an original exterior, the insulation and wrap shields that from the elements. The protective layer also helps keep the interior cooler or warmer, depending on what’s appropriate for the season.
Siding Repair Contractors in Rochester
Maybe your exterior is in decent shape… for the most part. If there are some siding sections that need repair in Rochester, JJ Construction can help. Maybe mold, mildew, storms, rust, or water has damaged a few panels. Instead of a full replacement, we’ll pull up the spoiled siding and install new pieces.
What can we fix? Common problems include cracked panels, chipping, and holes caused by hail or flying debris. To maintain your manufacturer’s warranty or homeowner’s insurance, professionals usually do the repair work. If you notice damage, call us at (585) 865-5428 as soon as possible. Small problems can quickly turn into large, expensive complications. A quick fix might prevent that!
Siding Installation Contractors
We find the siding installation process interesting, so we’re sharing the basics. Here’s an outline of what happens when we put up vinyl (the most common!) siding:
- We assess the current exterior and prepare it for the new siding. Every job is different, but this could involve removing loose boards, scraping off old caulking, and making sure the surface is even.
- Next, we install the insulation. (Winter is coming…)
- Starting at a top corner, we put up a vertical corner post.
- Using a chalk string, we mark where the lowest piece of siding will go… all around the house.
- We attach a horizontal starter strip. Siding goes over this piece.
- We cut the first strip, put it up, and check it with a level. If everything’s hunky dory, we fasten the section.
- Then we repeat… and repeat… and repeat.
Signs of Siding Failure
Perhaps you want new siding to improve the look of your home. But maybe you also need it. Check your house for these indications that your siding is declining, or give us a call, and we will.
- Your heating and cooling bills are going up, up, up. Maybe your siding isn’t providing sufficient insulation.
- Panels are rotted, warped, cracked, blistered, holey or loose.
- Mold, mildew, or fungus is growing on the siding.
- The color of the siding has faded a LOT.
- Interior paint or wallpaper is peeling. That’s a sign that damaging moisture has gotten through.
- You notice insect damage.
- You need to paint the exterior every few years.
- You see signs of dry rot. (A quick test: once a year, tap the siding in several places with the handle of a screwdriver. Hopefully, nothing shakes loose. But if it does, get some siding help ASAP.)
Installing siding is a big job. At JJ Construction, we know siding is also a big expense. Delaying much-needed siding can lead to bigger issues for a house. But problems often come at inconvenient times. That’s why we offer financing options when Rochester homeowners want siding. Talk to us at (585) 865-5428, and we’ll give you the details.
For Siding in Rochester, NY, Contact JJ Construction: (585) 865-5428
We know, we know: there are lots of companies that install siding in the Rochester region. Why should you choose JJ Construction? Actually, there are lots of good reasons:
- We’ve been in business for over 20 years. Apparently the locals like us!
- We’re upfront about pricing. There are never any surprises or hidden fees.
- At JJ Construction, we’re excellent communicators. We make sure you understand every step of the siding process.
- Did you know you need a permit to put up siding? We take care of that and save you the hassle.
- Angie’s List gave us the Super Service Award.
- JJ Construction understands how Rochester weather impacts siding. That’s reflected in our product choices and installation methods.
- Our high ethical standards allow us to be members of the Better Contractors Bureau.
- Perhaps, most importantly, we’re fully licensed, certified, and insured. That means you’re covered on all counts.
Yup, that’s a lot of reasons. If you’re considering new siding for your Rochester home — or need your current siding repaired — call JJ Construction at (585) 865-5428. We’ll give you an assessment and estimate… “on the house!”